Quality jobs, economic development, and wealth creation for those who need it the most.
The National Cooperative Development Act will help create jobs and community development by supporting cooperative business development in underserved communities. It will:
- Provide loans and seed capital to groups who are attempting to form cooperatives;
- Award grants to nonprofit organizations, colleges, and universities so that they can provide technical assistance to operating cooperatives or groups that are attempting to form cooperatives;
- Provide guidance, information on best practices, and technical assistance to communities seeking to establish cooperatives;
- Provide funding for training of providers of technical assistance and supporting existing professional development training for organizations engaged in cooperative development; and
- Establish cooperative development centers in areas that currently do not have them.
Watch a webinar explaining the bill, and how you can support its passage.